Multimedia electrician with Swiss Federal VET Diploma, 4-year apprenticeship
Do you enjoy helping those around you with technology and explaining to them how various different electronic devices work? As a multimedia electrician, you skilfully advise and support customers in all matters relating to multimedia technology. Installing and configuring TV sets, tablets, music systems, computers, etc. is just as much in your remit as testing them, servicing and maintaining them or putting together PC and network components. If repairs cannot be carried out at the customer’s location, you take the faulty devices and repair them in your employer’s workshop.
You are often required to work at different locations, so willingness to accept this level of mobility is a must. You also attend vocational school weekly. In every year of your apprenticeship, you will also benefit from a branch course at the centre for vocational training in electrical engineering, where you will learn and build on the practical foundations for your vocation. Upon passing your final apprenticeship examination, you will complete your studies and gain the Swiss Federal VET Diploma.
- A passion for the world of electrical engineering
- Completion of the compulsory years of school (upper level)
- Enthusiasm for technical subjects such as mathematics, physics and chemistry
- Excellent understanding of mathematical and technical concepts
- Manual dexterity
- A careful, precise and responsible working style
- Good social and communication skills (contact with customers)
- Good knowledge of German
- Basic IT skills
Your options for further training:
- Additional apprenticeship in event engineering with Swiss Federal VET Diploma
- Additional apprenticeship in sound engineering with Swiss Federal VET Diploma
- Federal Vocational Baccalaureate, professional education institution or university of applied sciences