Electronic technician with Swiss Federal VET Diploma, 4-year apprenticeship
As an electronic technician, you make sure that various systems – such as package or luggage sorting facilities – operate as planned by working with your fellow team members to create electrical controls, devices, machines and automation systems. You save energy and spare resources wherever possible. Once the system has been built, you put it into operation and create the necessary instructions and documentation. You also carry out repairs and maintenance on existing systems.
You work on site at your employer’s workshop as well as on the customer’s premises. You attend vocational school weekly. In every year of your apprenticeship, you will also benefit from a branch course at the relevant training centre, where you will learn and build on the practical foundations for your vocation. Upon passing your final apprenticeship examination, you will complete your studies and gain the Swiss Federal VET Diploma.
- A passion for the world of electrical engineering
- Completion of compulsory education (intermediate to upper level)
- Manual dexterity
- Excellent understanding of mathematical and technical concepts
- A careful, precise and responsible working style
- Team spirit
- Good knowledge of German
Your options for further training:
- Federal Vocational Baccalaureate, professional education institution or university of applied sciences
Your career opportunities:
- Project manager
- Department head
- Branch manager or managing director