Commercial clerk with Swiss Federal VET Diploma, 3-year apprenticeship
Would you like to learn a trade that provides you with a wealth of opportunities and opens up all sorts of potential paths? If so, you should consider becoming a commercial clerk.
Basic commercial training is offered in three profiles:
- Profile B: Focus on «information technology, communications, administration», one foreign language
- Profile E: Focus on «economy and society», two foreign languages
- Profile M with Federal Vocational Baccalaureate: – same as E, with a focus on «finance and accounting»
Depending on your chosen profile and the year of your apprenticeship, you will spend 3–4 days working as an apprentice and 1–2 days at vocational school. The academic requirements of a commercial apprenticeship are high. Therefore, you also need to be motivated to perform well at vocational school. Upon passing your final apprenticeship examination, you will complete your studies and gain the Swiss Federal VET Diploma.
- A passion for commercial work and the world of electrical engineering
- Completion of compulsory education (intermediate to upper level)
- Good written and spoken language skills and foreign language skills
- The ability to grasp new ideas
- A responsible, reliable, independent and precise working style
- A flair for figures
- Enthusiasm for working with computers
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team spirit
- Good social and communication skills (contact with customers)
Here’s your chance to learn new skills and build your career:
Commercial vocational training provides you with a broad basic education. Once your apprenticeship is complete, countless options for continuing education are available to you, such as a specialisation in personnel administration, professional and advanced professional diploma examinations, or study at a university of applied sciences.