Submitting an application? Here’s how to get it right
You’ve found your dream job and you want to take the next step. Here you will find all the information on what you will need to do and what happens next.
Your application needs to include the following:
- A complete CV with references and a recent photo
- A cover letter in which you introduce yourself and tell us precisely why you want to learn this trade in this company.
- All school certificates relating to completion of the higher level of compulsory education
- An evaluation of an aptitude test (Multicheck, Stellwerk etc.)
- Any employer references and evidence of employment for previous jobs
In the apprenticeship search area, you can click on your desired apprenticeship to find out more information and send your documents in PDF format directly to the email address shown.
What happens next
We will check your application carefully and get in touch with you. If we invite you to an interview or a trial apprenticeship, then you’ve already cleared the first hurdle. Make sure that you prepare well for your interview by finding out as much as you can about your chosen career path and the company.
Trial apprenticeships usually last one week. Think about and write down any questions that you would like to ask your supervisor on site. Make sure you arrive on time on the agreed date and show that you are motivated and ready to get stuck in.
The following qualities are important to us:
- Neat appearance
- Friendly attitude
- Interest in the vocation and the company offering the apprenticeship
We will use a feedback meeting to discuss whether your chosen vocation meets your requirements, whether you are suited to it and what will happen next.